First, consider the concepts used in this article. So, let’s begin!
Nandrolone (chemical name – 19-nortestosterone) is an anabolic steroid that can form in the body of an athlete after prolonged physical exertion. This steroid first appeared on the market in 1962 and is one of the most popular steroids in recent decades, having earned its reputation due to pronounced anabolic activity and relative low androgenic.
Trenbolone (also known under the trademarks Parabolan, Trenaver) is a powerful anabolic steroid used previously in veterinary medicine to increase muscle mass and appetite of livestock. After introduction into the muscle, trenbolone esters are gradually decomposed by plasma lipase, providing a prolonged supply of the active substance to the blood.
Nanrolone decaonate and trenbolone are two fairly powerful anabolic agents that, moreover, that are similar in their effect, also have the same nature of side effects. We list the positive and negative similarities of these drugs:
- 1) in its chemical formula, trenbolone, like its counterpart nandrolone decaonate, is a derivative of 19-nor-testosterone;
- 2) a significant increase in strength and muscle mass up to 10-12 kg in 8 weeks;
- 3) trenbolone, like nandrolone itself, helps to increase blood pressure. Especially this factor is relevant for hypertensive patients.
- 3) trenbolone, like nandrolone, has significant progestogen activity. Which is expressed in a large increase in prolactin and progesterone in the body of an athlete. This effect can lead to the so-called “trend-dick” (in the case of nandrolone to “ decad-dick ”).
- 4) both drugs have a moderate (or even low) effect on the liver.
- 5) both drugs very strongly suppress the production of testosterone and lead to a significant decrease in libido.
Now we should list the fundamental differences between trenbolone and nandrolone decaonate :
- 1) a serious difference is the non-susceptibility of trenbolone to 5-alpha reductase, which significantly increases its potential – nandrolone, under the influence of this enzyme, turns into inactive dihydronandrolone
- 2) the anabolic and anrogenic potential of trenbolone is several times higher than the potential of nandrolone decaonate. Androgenic Trenbolone Index: 500% (nandrolone 150%), Androgenic Trenbolone Index 500% (nandrolone only 30%)
- 3) unlike nandrolone, trenbolone not only leads to an increase in growth hormone, but also doubles the insulin-like growth factor (IGF, somatomedin), and trenbolone also leads to a decrease in cortisol levels.
- 4) due to the lack of the ability to convert to estradiol, trenbolone has a fat-burning effect, but it is not suitable for the mass collection cycle, but nandrolone, on the contrary, has the property of converting to estradiol without aromatization and is perfectly suitable for the mass collection cycle, but is absolutely not suitable for drying
- 5) the risk of gynecomastia on a solo cycle of nandrolone is several times greater than on a solo cycle of trenbolone, the reason is simple: nandrolone not only contributes to a significant increase in prolactin in the body, but also converts to estradiol (5 times less than testosterone, but still … )
- 6) unlike nandrolone, the solo cycle of trenbolone is quite powerful, and is completely unsuitable for beginners and women, the limiting dosage for trenbolone acetate is 50 milligrams daily, for enanthate – 300 milligrams weekly.
Both drugs deserve special attention. In the author’s opinion, their solo use is extremely undesirable since both of them, due to their progestogen activity, lead in one way or another to a significant suppression of their own testosterone. However, individually, they should not only be used, but should also be present on the cycle of any self-respecting athlete.
If nandrolone is perfect during mass collection, then trenbolone during the drying period.